Adoption and Parenting Classes
We offer parenting classes for adoptive and non-adoptive families. The Adoption Series of classes [indicated with a (*) below] are designed to meet the State of Wisconsin's requirements for pre-adoptive families.
- Trust-Based Parenting (*)
- Promoting Attachment (*)
- Grief & Loss in Adoptive Families (*)
- Managing Challenging Behaviors
- Nature & Nurture -- factors that affect your child before you bring her home (*)
- Transracial Parenting (*)
- Talking About Adoption with Your Child (*)
Why a Red Thread?
According to Chinese legend, an invisible red thread connects us with each person who is destined to play an important part in our lives. For adoptive families, this read thread connects children not only to their birth families, but also to their eventual families-to-be.
For more information, or to register for a class, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me at 608-345-8217.